Antioch restaurant closed temporarily after a fire broke out inside
Antioch, California – Early Thursday morning, a fire broke out at an Applebee’s restaurant in Antioch after someone hurled an accelerant through a restaurant window.
According to fire investigators, they couldn’t figure out right away what kind of accelerant the person used, but whatever it was, it started a fire inside the restaurant, which caused enough damage to close the business temporarily.
Fire Marshal Chris Bachman of the Contra Costa County Fire Department stated, “We determined that an accelerant was used through the window and started the fire in a booth. The fire was contained to the booth in the restaurant.”
Authorities said they are optimistic that the person responsible for this incident will be soon apprehended. They are also asking anyone with surveillance cameras in the area to step forward.
Applebee’s manager estimated that it would take around a week for the restaurant to reopen.