Connect with us

Police investigating possible monoxide poisoning incident that left one dead and three children hospitalized

Man hospitalized after being shot while driving

Contra Costa County

Police investigating possible monoxide poisoning incident that left one dead and three children hospitalized

Pittsburg, California – One person died and three children were hospitalized in a possible carbon monoxide poisoning incident in Pittsburg on Thursday night, according to police.

Pittsburg police said they were called to a residence in the 100 block of Vincent Street just after 7 p.m.

According to authorities, a family member told investigators that they had not heard from the relatives in some days and that they were worried.

Officers arrived at the residence and saw a male who was “disoriented and incoherent.”

Officers discovered a mother who was unconscious and three children inside.

According to Pittsburg police, everyone inside the residence may have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

When PG & E employees arrived on the site, they discovered an extremely high level of carbon monoxide inside the residence.

Four individuals were taken to local hospitals, according to police.

Three of the victims are expected to survive, and the woman has been pronounced dead at the scene, according to officials.

According to authorities, the source of the exposure might have been a heater inside the residence, but crews are currently investigating the incident’s cause.

More in Contra Costa County

To Top