Little boy suffered second-degree burns after being sprayed with water from a hose, Mother was in disbelief at the inflicted injuries
After a little boy received burns of the second degree from a garden hose pipe, a mother of three has sent a devastating warning to all other parents about the dangers of letting their children play outside during a heatwave.
The mother posted a picture of her nine-month-old son on Facebook and said that not many people are aware of how risky hose pipes can be when the weather is hot.
“I’ve wanted to cry every time I’ve seen this photo, but it’s important to share. Two years ago, this baby suffered second-degree burns over 30 percent of his body from being accidentally sprayed with a garden hose, and firefighters have issued a fresh warning recently,” she said.
The little boy was sitting in a paddling pool, waiting for his mother to fill it up. The mother sprayed her son with water from the hose, but instead of cold water, a flood of hot water came out.
“I thought he was crying because he was mad, because he hates when he gets sprayed in the face. I didn’t think that it was burning him. Just be careful. Just touch it before you spray, before you let your kids near it,” the mother said.
People who commented on the Facebook post were left in utter disbelief after seeing the image, with many of them admitting they had never considered the possibility that it posed a risk.